Human embryonic stem cells, induced to become auditory neurons (yellow), were implanted into gerbils. Replacing damaged auditory neurons allowed the gerbils to regain most of their hearing.
- Neurons in the Adult Brain still divide! (geneticamedicala.wordpress.com)
- The Housekeeping Gene Hypoxanthine Guanine Phosphoribosyltransferase (HPRT) Regulates Multiple Developmental and Metabolic Pathways of Murine Embryonic Stem Cell Neuronal Differentiation (plosone.org)
- Stem Cell Transplant Restores Memory and Learning in Mice (33rdsquare.com)
- Opportunities in Human Embryonic Stem Cell (hESC) Products – Trends and Forecasts to 2017 (wwwkshandev.wordpress.com)
- Research Sheds Light on Why Stem Cells Need to Stick With Their Friends (medindia.net)