Demand for kidney transplants is increasing. In the western world, high blood pressure and type II diabetes are on the rise and are contributing to higher rates of kidney disease. But there are not enough donor organs to meet this growing need. Stem cell based therapies may offer an alternative solution.
- Kidney Disease Now a Top Health Threat in U.S. (live.wsj.com)
- The Basic Symptoms of Renal Problems (diet4women.wordpress.com)
- Enzyme restores function with diabetic kidney disease (medicalxpress.com)
- Novel Way to Treat Chronic Kidney Disease and Heart Failure Identified (medindia.net)
- More Attention Urged for an Often-Unrecognized Disease (online.wsj.com)